2023 NBHA Youth & Teen World Championships
Jul 23 - Jul 29
2023 NBHA Youth & Teen World Championships
July 23-29, 2023
Georgia National Fairgrounds
401 Larry Walker Parkway
Perry, GA 31069
$60,000+ ADDED MONEY
10 Circle Y Saddles to the 1D-5D Champions in the Teen & Youth
10 Gist World Champion Buckles | 10 Gist Reserve World Champion Buckles + more awards!
460 Gist Finalist Buckles
Enter online 3/7/2022 at 10am EST by mail-in and online at www.SaddleBook.com
Click here to enter online: https://www.saddlebook.com/events/4162
- Negative coggins & health certificates recommended per Georgia law
- Fairgrounds open Friday, July 21 at 8 am sharp
- RV Hookups at gnfa.com/rv-reservations/nbha-youth-world1
- RV Reservations OPEN on May 5th at 10am EST.
- ***NO GENERATORS ARE ALLOWED***
- ***Facility first time arrivals will NOT be allowed 24 hours.***
- First time arrivals will be from 8AM to 11PM Friday, 7:30AM-11PM Saturday & Sunday, and 7:00AM-11PM the rest of the event.
Watch all the action live at NBHA.com!
Listen in to the action of the Reaves Arena at 87.9 FM
On-site 24/7 Emergency Vet:
Outlaw Equine | Dr. Nate | 1-772-370-0366
Bottoms Farrier Service | Spencer Bottoms | 252-230-7512
High Noon Farrier Service| Kyle Noon | 470-814-2247
Huston Hadden | 706-914-9711
Jamie Wilcox | 706-248-3260
On-site Locksmith/Windshield Repair & Other Trailer Repairs:
SOS Mobile Services | 229-305-2911
On-site RV & Trailer Repairs:
A1 Mobile Repair | 478-954-9603 or 478-508-7421
- Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by 6/16 to avoid late fees
- We strongly suggest using trackable mailing methods
- Online regular entries close on 6/23 at midnight EST
- Late entries ONLY accepted online through 7/16 at midnight EST
- Late fee is $100/horse
- Absolutely no late entries after 7/16
- Draw/Vet/Med Outs 6/23 or prior, result in a full refund less the processing fee
- Vet/Med Outs 6/24-7/22 result in a 70% refund of entries, no refund on stalls or processing fee with valid Vet/Doctor Note
- All Vet/Med outs need to be emailed to [email protected]
- STALL ASSIGNMENTS FOUND ON SADDLEBOOK.COM
- Click here to see a map of Horse Barn 1 (HB#1)
- Click here to see a map of Horse Barn 2 (HB #2)
- Click here to see a map of Multipurpose Barn (MPB)
- Click here to see a map of Beef & Dairy Barn (BDB)
- Click here to see a map of Sheep & Swine #1 Barn (SS #1)
- Click here to see a map of Sheep & Swine #2 Barn (SS #2)
- Click here to see a map of Practice Ring #3 (PR #3)
- Click here to see a map of Sutherland Arena
- Stalls are for the entire event and includes 3 bags of shavings.
- FACILITY RULE: NO OUTSIDE SHAVINGS ARE ALLOWED* *allergy exception with vet note
- Shaving facility prices are $7 and pellets are available for $8
- Additional shavings can be purchased on showshavings.com or at the shavings office next to Covered Horse Arena.
- Almost every stall will be on concrete.
- Stall mat rental can be rented here from our official vendor, Greenbroke Farms for $120/stall (pre-order price): https://www.greenbrokefarmservices.com/contract-agreement.
- You do not have to know your stall to reserve mats. The NBHA office send a stall list to Greenbroke prior to event.
- Stalls will be assigned first-come, first-served.
- Online entries will definitely have a better chance at being “first-come” as they open. Paper entries will be available as well and would be input within a reasonable time upon receipt by mail.
- The foolproof way to get your friends and yourself stalled together is to have one of you buy all the stalls on one entry.
- There will be a NOTE SECTION online to include your stall preferences and whom you want to be grouped with if purchasing separately from your friends. Suggestion: Use a group name, and make sure all people in your group use the same name, and preferably a total number of how many stalls will be in your group.
Golf Cart Rentals
- Mike’s Golf Cart Rental LLC | Book Now!
- Reserve Golf Carts online at werentcarts.com
- *Must be 18 & older with valid drivers license to rent/drive.
Personal Golf Carts, UTVs & Crickets
- Personal golf carts, utility vehicles and crickets permitted.
- Any questions regarding vehicles that are and are not allowed should be directed to GNFA.
- All permitted carts must be checked-in at the NBHA Office.
- Personal cart users must agree to and sign the rules related to use
Qualifications for 2023 Youth Worlds
- Click here to see the full qualification list. https://nbha.com/2023-nbha-world-qualifier-list/
- Direct any qualification concerns to us immediately to [email protected].
- Youth = anyone qualified contestant who is 12 years and under as of Jan 1, 2022.
- Teen = any qualified contestant who is between the ages of 13 and 18 as of Jan 1, 2022.
Added Money Breakdown
2D Poles: $1,000 Added
Youth: $5,000 Added Per Round | Finals $7,500
Teen: $10,000 Added Per Round | Finals $15,000
Troxel Helmet: $250 Per Round
APHA PBRIP: $500 Per Round
Youth Redemption Round: $2,500
Teen Redemption Round: $2,500
All Entry fees cover both go-rounds. No Additional fee for Finals.
- Teen: $175
- Youth: $155
- All Sidepots: $60 | Boy, Girl, Helmet, World Rookie (Separate Classes for Teen & Youth) & APHA PBRIP
- Boy – Open to all male riders
- Girl – Open to all female riders
- Troxel Helmet – Open to all riders who compete in a safety helmet (any brand)
- World Rookie – Open to all riders who are attending a NBHA World Finals for their first time
- APHA PBRIP sidepot – Open to any APHA registered horse & rider who is a PBRIP enrolled. Youth & Teen Combined.
- 2D Pole Bending: $120 *Entries open separately on June 26th at 10AM est.
- Redemption Round: $80 (entries not open until at event)
- Mail-In Entry Processing Fee: $50 plus 4% convenience fee for credit card payments
- Online Entry: 4% processing fee only.
Breathe Easy Bonus™
- Achieve Equine, the maker of FLAIR Strips is offering a Breathe Easy Bonus™ again this year at the 2023 NBHA Youth and Teen World Championships.
- Youth and teen riders are eligible to win the Breathe Easy Bonus, a $250 cash prize, to division winners (1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D) if their horse wears a FLAIR Strip during the short-go run on Saturday, July 29. This additional payout is awarded to both Youth and Teen divisions.
Haul Ins allowed for a one-time $50 per horse fee. WAIVED FOR 2023 due to stalling limitations.
- Parking lot for haul ins will be determined closer to the event.
Haul Ins must pay for all horses in the trailer, no exceptions.Waived.
- LIMIT ONE EXHIBITIONS PER HORSE ENTERED
- Example: One Youth Entry = One Exhibitions Max, Two Youth Entries = Two Exhibitions Max, etc.
- Only available on SaddleBook.com when entries open March 7, 2023 at 10 am EST.
- Any purchases greater than one exhibitions per horse will result in the removal of extra exhibitions with no refund.
- Exhibitions must be purchased by the competing member in SaddleBook.com. Do not attempt to purchase exhibitions for anyone else. No refunds.
- Exhibitions will be available in 50-minute time slots. Exhibitions are not guaranteed and only available while supplies last.
- These exhibitions are for Reaves arena ONLY!
- Perdue Arena exhibitions will be offered on-site using a line up method.
2D Pole Bending – SOLD OUT
- Entries will open June 26th at 10AM EST
- $1,000 Added
- Limited to the first 100 entries online through SaddleBook.com
- $120 Entry Fee
- 70% Payback | 2D | 1 Second Splits
- Horse must be entered in finals
- Limit to 1 entry per person
Reserve Souvenir Packages – Pre-sales end 6/23
- Contestant Package | $55 | Limit 1 per Contestant:
- Commemorative Felt Back Number
- Souvenir T-shirt with Contestant Names
- Show Program
- Commemorative Package | $50:
- Souvenir T-shirt with Contestant Names
- Show Program
- Large Show Sticker
Payment Plan Available for Online Entries
- All online entries will be taken through www.SaddleBook.com.
- Entries open on March 7, 2023 at 10AM EST
- Don’t wait, build your Saddlebook.com profile now!
- Online entries will accept all major credit cards.
- Choose the ‘Payment Plan’ option to at checkout break your total entry sum into three payments spaced 4 weeks apart each.
- The Payment Plan option will expire on April 14th and not be available for new entries taken from that point on.
- Please use a credit card that does not expire during the upcoming months.
- Incomplete charges that are not cleared up with the office in a timely matter will result in DQ.
- Payment plan becomes void and the full balance is due when adding classes or making changes mid-plan.
- Entry available to the horse/rider combinations who didn’t qualify to Finals
- $80 Entry Fee
- Separate class for Youth & Teen
- 5D Race
- Winner of Each D (ties included) advance to Finals and receives Finalist buckle
- All horses on the grounds must have a stall or
pay a haul-in fee(waived for 2023 event).
- A same horse cannot be ridden more than once per class (Family Exception – See Rulebook)
- You must name your horse at time of entry and must use registered names, if available
- Horse substitutions allowed. $25 fee per horse substitutions after the draw
- Anyone substituting 2 or more horses will have their horses redrawn in their draw positions as well as paying the $25 fee per horse.
- No horse swaps allowed after your 1st go draw position has past.
- Rider substitutions not allowed.
- Check-in is required prior to your first drawn position in your first event, or contestant is fined $50.
- NBHA Check in is at NBHA Office in Reaves Arena. Guard Shack check in is for the facility.
- Maximum 5 horses entered in a class per qualified contestant
- Dress code strictly enforced.
- Helpers in the holding must have closed toe shoes.
- Absolutely no bareback riding at any time – Saddles must be used when horseback
- Returned check fee = $35
- Dress Code, 1st Offense = Warning, 2nd Offense = $50 Fine, Hat Fine = $10
- Hat retrieval is up to the contestant. They are to pick up at the closest barrel or gate that it came off the same day it occurred.
- All final decisions are determined by the show office.
- See below for statement about schedule.