Everything You Need to Know to Qualify for the Next WCRA Semifinals
Have you nominated to earn points to advance to the WCRA Rodeo $500,000 Semifinals Rodeo?
Barrel racer Cheyenne Wimberley earned a $50,000 paycheck for winning the WCRA Rodeo Windy City Roundup on January 11. She earned that spot in Chicago by winning the first WCRA Semifinals in Guthrie, Oklahoma, in November 2018. Barrel racers made it to the lucrative semifinals by nominating races they competed in throughout the year.
The WCRA is kicking off its next segment with more opportunities, such as the WCRA Western Quarter Finals and the next WCRA $500,000 Semifinals in May, all leading to the $1 Million Titletown Stampede in June in Green Bay. The only way to qualify is to nominate, and as an official parter of the WCRA, the National Barrel Horse Association is the perfect opportunity to start nominating races and earning points.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- The cutoff to earn points is April 15
- Top 50 timed-event athletes and top 32 rough stock athletes on the leaderboard qualify for the $500,000 Semifinals
Top 51-100 timed-event athletes on the leaderboard qualify for the Utah Timed Event Spectacular—a $120,000 WCRA Western Quarter-Finals from May 2–4 in Heber City, Utah
- The only way to advance to the $1 Million Titletown Stampede is through the May 15–19 $500,000 Semi-Finals at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma
- You can nominate EVERY barrel race you compete in—whether it’s a big three-day show, a local weeknight jackpot or a rodeo
- Nominate HERE: https://app.wcrarodeo.com/
- Find the answer to additional questions about the WCRA and Official NBHA partnership here: https://bhnmag.co/2x0up7N
HOW TO NOMINATE A MULTI-GO EVENT
- If you compete at a rodeo or barrel race where competition is multiple-go rounds with a final and/or average, you only need to nominate the event once (minus multiple-entry jackpots).
- Once you nominate a rodeo or multi-go barrel race, points will be awarded if/when you place at the rodeo or race and earn money in any go-round, final or average.
- All questions can be directed to 833-ENTERUP (833.368.3787) or by emailing [email protected].