2023 NBHA Colonial Super Show
Aug 18 - Aug 20
2023 NBHA Colonial Super Show
August 18-20, 2023
Virginia Horse Center
487 Maury River Road
Lexington, VA 24450
$10,000 Added Money | 96 Wild Cards to Open, Youth & Senior
Team Fearless Approved
4 Circle Y Saddle Certificates to Open Average* D Winners plus awards to 2nd and 3rd
Youth & Senior Awards to Top 3 in each D Saturday
*Average based on all three days in the Open.
You MUST be a NBHA Member to receive awards.
***NEW THIS YEAR***
Payment plan available until 7/7/2023.
Pay half at time of entry and half 3 weeks later.
12 Month Negative Coggins Required for in state horses.
12 Month Negative Coggins and 30 Day Health Certificate for all out of state horses.
PLEASE BRING COPIES TO SURRENDER.
Thursday August 17
12 pm | Facility & Stalls Open
No arrivals prior
Friday August 18
8 am – 830 am | Open Arena
9 am | Mandatory Check in
9 am – 12pm | Exhibitions pre-sold on SaddleBook. Limit 2 per horse.
1 pm | Open Race 1
Saturday August 19
7 am – 8 am | Exhibitions pre-sold on SaddleBook. Limit 2 per horse.
9 am | Open Race 2 | Youth | Senior
Sunday August 20
7:30 am | Cowboy Church
9 am | Open Race 3
- OPEN TO ALL
- All contestants must check in at the office before your first run.
- NBHA dress code enforced. Full Western Attire.
- Must be an NBHA member to receive awards. Membership must be purchased by check in.
- Office fee of $20 is waived if you are a current NBHA Member.
- Draw outs prior to pre-entry deadline will receive a 100% refund minus the processing fee.
- Vet/Med outs after pre-entry deadline through Wednesday week of show receive 70% of your entries, no processing fee & no stall refund with a vet or doctors note by emailing [email protected].
- Returned Check fee is $35
- Late Fee for mailed entries postmarked after August 4th is $25.
- Hat fines for hats lost in arena apply, $10 each
- Enter online beginning June 1st.
- Mail in entries must be postmarked by August 4th to avoid late fee and be in pre-draw.
- Late Fee $25 – waived for online entries taken at any time.
- Online entries available at www.SaddleBook.com until midnight EST on August 13th to be in pre-draw or choose add on draw.
- Pre-draw available Monday, August 14th.
- Online entries will re-open at noon Tuesday, August 15th for add-on draw.
- All entries (on-site and online) will cut-off for 1st add-on draw at the first big drag, rider number 50, in each event.
- Final add-on draw closes at the start of the last big drag, or the last drawn rider, whichever comes first, in each event.
- Riders are responsible to enter early enough to allow for splits of multiple horses.
- Exhibitions will be pre-sold online at www.SaddleBook.com in 50 minute time slots. Limit to 2 per horse.
Friday Open $2,500 Added
Saturday Open $5,000 Added
Sunday Open $2,000 Added
Saturday Youth Class $250 Added
Saturday Sunday Class $250 Added
How Wildcards are Awarded:
Top 5 in the Open divisions each day
Top 3 in the Youth Class divisions on Saturday
Top 3 in the Senior Class divisions on Saturday
Top 3 in the three day average in all divisions
Open Entry Fees:
Youth & Senior Class $35
All Sidepots are $25
Youth – Friday and Sunday Only (Saturday is a class with c/o allowed)
Senior – Friday and Sunday Only (Saturday is a class with c/o allowed)
Prime – All three days (All ages between youth & senior)
Helmet – All three days (For those who wear a helmet in the Open)
On site stalls are available for Friday-Sunday nights for $75 & includes 2 bags of shavings.
Thursday night stall available for $25 each (no shavings included).
*If you arrive prior to 7AM on Friday you will be charged for a Thursday night stall.
Haul in fee per horse per day $20. Required if no stall.
Stalls are purchased with online entry or paper entry.
RV Reservations & Dry Camping are booked through facility.